The Epeios project
The content about the Epeios project will be progressively transferred to its dedicated web site: http://epeios.q37.info.
The Epeios project: well-proven technologies for versatile, high-quality software.
The first source code was made online on may 1999 and available through public VCS since august 2000.
Some topics covered by this project:
- XDHTML : a new way of developing user interfaces of all kinds (desktop, web, mobile…):
- using only one language (C++; yes, even for web applications),
- with bindings available, currently, for Java, Node.js, PHP… (http://atlastk.org/),
- allowing to customize the appearance of the interface without writing a single line of code,
- a new and very powerful way to handle the configuration of software components, with very easy handling of input arguments, in peculiar command-line ones (easier to use as getopt),
- a frontend/backend communication protocol, where the backend's API is automatically generated (as C++ header, but can be applied to other languages); more about this in progress,
- wrappers to ease the use of native code in various runtimes, in order to improve programs written in interpreted languages:
- ZNDq for the Zend engine (PHP),
- XPPq : an XML preprocessor, to handle file inclusion, macros and variables inside XML files, available as command-line program, but also, by using above wrappers, for Java, Node.js and PHP (comes also with an XML parser),
- under development, also available as command-line program, and for Java, Node.js and PHP, RNCq, a rational number calculator, with absolute precision.
If you would like to support this project, there is a donations page.
Almost all Epeios software component works with GNU/Linux (and probably other POSIX compliant operating systems), macOS and Windows, on IA-32, AMD64 and ARM (AArch32 and AArch64, like those on Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, ODROID… devices) architectures. .
You can me hire as software engineer for the conception and development of your own software components.
Atlas toolkit: writing user interfaces without framework.
- Tools: software with command-line interface, and also (progressively) available as Java, Node.js, PHP… components.
- Apps: software with graphical interface.
- Compilation: instructions on how to compile Epeios software components,
- Configuration: about the configuration of Epeios software components,
- Installation: about the installation of Epeios software component; in progress - will supersede the above Compilation page.
- Reminder: essentially for the developer.