This is about the version which comes from http://www.mingw.org/. As this version is not able to compile for x86-64, and seems not support Unicode, it is no more supported by the Epeios project, to the benefit of the version available in Cygwin (see below).
To create a shortcut in the taskbar :
- Find the batch file which launches MSYS (should be
- create a shortcut,
- edit the shortcut properties,
cmd /cbefore the content of the
Target :field (this should give
cmd /C C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat),
- drag the shortcut to the taskbar.
Take a look on
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.ico for a better icon.
- mingw64-i686-gcc-g++ for IA-32 natives programs,
- mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++ for x86_64 natives programs,